Friday, June 11, 2010

Drip Drop...

I took a few days off from writing on my blog because I was not sure what I was accomplishing. I have talked about issues near and dear to my heart, gave up sleep I'd really rather be getting, and I keep wondering why... what does this change?

Our country is in crisis. People are loosing their jobs still, boys are being sent off to fight in wars while our President make friends with the Muslim insurgents (that's right its not PC to call a terrorist a terrorist anymore), and now we are 50 days into the worst ecological disaster that this country has ever seen. Has our President even talked to the CEO of BP? This administration has again made tough talk in the news but little action. He is talking about passing CAP and TRADE bills to tax Americans on energy while letting the oil flow.

This year has been difficult in me with medicine too. See, I went into medicine to help people. I wanted to do CPR, fix illness, and make a difference. Congress's inability to fix the SGR and my growing frustration with elected officials had led me to believe that Congress cares nothing about the average working class American. If you are not a special interest member, kiss you agenda good by. What is killing me about this is that by there inaction, people are dying and loosing access to care. How many business models could survive a 1/4 pay cut without a cut in overhead. That is what doctors have had to do three times this year over Congress's inability to fix a broken formula for physician payment. They have no problem in bailing out Fannie Mae, but let the Doctors deal with it and the patients are the ones who suffer.

I keep hoping for a change, then while sitting at a funeral last night I thought about what a dearly respected cousin of mine (well, she is a cousin of Brian's buy I have had her for 13+ years) said to her son, you should read her blogs - its worth the time.

So back to my title for tonight, Drip Drop... you know where I go that. Water is one of the most powerful forces in nature. Ask any of my fellow Tennesseans who are still dealing with our own economic losses from the floods of May. Mountains move and and Canyons form from simple drip drops, so my goals is to keep on drip dropping at the issues I feel strongly about, because if people don't speak out for Lady Liberty I am not sure the amount of abuses she can continue to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment