Sunday, July 31, 2011

Taking Time

Well, I have now made it through my fifth and hopefully final GYN surgery. I guess it is unusual to write about such personal type of surgery on the internet. But, these surgeries and dealing with my own human frailty has been a profound educational affect on my day to day outlook on life.

My Husband and I are both self employed and when one of us is sick there is significantly less income into our home. I have found that this economic crutch has had me going back to work sooner rather than latter. I, who starting again on Monday, will be telling patients to listen to the advice of doctors, will be going against my own MD's advice. I cannot seem to listen.

I have found that being sick is not the best thing I have ever done. I am so frustrated when I cannot lift a pot of water or pick up my three year old son. I hate hearing my kids talk about being easy with Mommy. But for the last year and a half, I have not had the best time. It seems like I am either getting surgery done or recovering from surgery.

I hope to be all better now, and am looking forward to better times. I am blessed to have been able to have my children before all my female troubles started.

I hope to have more interesting tales in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment