Monday, August 1, 2011

Doing as I say...

Today was my first day back at work after my most recent surgery. Yes, that's right, I went back to work 4 days after abdominal surgery. Let's just hope my doctor is not a fan of my BLOG.


As I was working, slowly, today at the office, I realized how naive modern medicine can still be. I was exhibiting the perfect exam. I know in my head that I was going back to work to early, but I had patients to see and a job to do. So, what is the difference in a patient choosing to stop a medicine after I tell them to take it.

Most patients don't understand the biochemical and enzymatic issues affecting their cells. For that matter, most patients have more problems after starting certain medicines than before the doctor gave them the prescription. Case in point, the 40 year old man that has no symptoms what so ever from his hypertension (elevated blood pressure) but has depression and impotence after starting the beta blocker written by the doctor (a specific type of blood pressure medicine).

So, I know that my body is still healing and yet there I was at work. So, how can I presume to comp ell my patients to listen to me....

I found this an interesting ironic humor...

And laughing helped me make it through today

No comments:

Post a Comment