Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Learning a bit for YF&R Discussion meet

That's right, as if I don't have enough to do this week. In between getting two girl scouts ready for a Christmas parade, one with a fever no less. Potty training a stubborn two and a half year old, delivering the fruit that the Kindergartner sold for a school project, the 7 am Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee meeting today along with rounds before work and the 7 AM Medical Executive Board Meeting on Friday... I thought It would be fun to fit in a little friendly competition in the Outstanding young women's and the discussion meet.

I admit I love the discussion meet. It was what drew me into my husband's world of agriculture and may me become so passionate about the issues that face the American Farmer. Before my first competition, I honestly thought that "organic" was the only way to eat - never thinking about the environmental impact of that type of farming for large scale production. I never thought about government food regulations, or water regulations. I never realized that most Americans are 4-5 generations removed from a family farm.

I found a great website tonight about maintaining your and my food choices in this country. I have Followed them on Twitter and Liked them on Facebook and hope you will do the same. We as Americans may not like or understand each others food choices - I still don't get veggie burgers - but the great abiding joy of being an America is that I don't have to get it... We have the choice to eat what we like how we like... so Choose2Choose America...


Choose2Choose - Stand Up for Your Food Freedom Badge

No comments:

Post a Comment